Volume I - The Distilleries of Islay
Learn more about the most provocative whisky making
• Join Ian Henderson on a tour through Laphroaig only weeks before his retirement as distillery manager.
• Jim McEwan has restored Bruichladdich and reopened the famous distillery. His stories and visit to "The Laddie" are unique; his vision of the new distillery is exciting!
• Ardbeg , the hidden jewel of single malts: Meet Stuart Thomson, distillery manager and join him in learning about the rebuilding of the previously idle distillery.
• Bowmore Distillery manager Percy McPhereson takes us on a tour of the oldest working distillery on
• Join Donald Renwick, distillery manager, as he tells about the history of Lagavulin.
• An in-depth farewell interview with Iain Henderson at Laphroaig. Iain tells stories of his 14 years as Laphroaig distillery manager and tastes the Laphroaig whiskies!
• Whisky Fest 2003: An inside visit to the semi annual single malt tasting event!
• Getting to know the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. Learn about the SMWS from Arthur Motley and join him as he samples several of their single cask, cask strength, unfiltered malts.
• Whisky nosing and tasting with the experts!
"The Distilleries of
Volume II –
Featuring Clann an Drumma
For the past four years, the distilleries of
You'll visit Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Caol Ila, Bunnahabhain and the Isle of Jura. Enjoy the folks of
• Visit Bunnahabhain with John MacLellan, manager.
• Visit with Mickey Heads at Isle of Jura distillery.
• Join us for an in-depth conversation with malt expert, Michael Jackson.
• Join Billy Stitchell, manager for a visit to Caol Ila Distillery.
• Meet Richard Paterson, Chief blender for Isle of Jura and The Dalmore.
• Learn about Malt and food from French Journalist Martine Nouet.
• Find out how to plan your special distillery visit with Caroline Dewar and Helen Arthur of Distillery Destinations.
• View the artwork of Ian Gray set to the vocals of Norma Monroe.
• Meet Richard Paterson, Chief Blender for Isle of Jura and The Dalmore.
• Join Bruichladdich's master distiller, Jim McEwan for a conversation and tasting.
Volume II - Islay Malt & Music Festival - $34.95 2 DVD set. Plays worldwide. Buy Now
Here's a short video sample of Vol II's Malt & Music Festival - click here
Volume III - Distilleries of the Lowlands and Highlands
At one time there were nearly 180 distilleries operating in The
Today there are 3.
It was similar in The Highlands.
Once there were as many as 360 working distilleries in the
Today there are only 23.
The Malt Project will take you to the three working Lowland distilleries and eight of the
• We'll meet Iain Henderson in his post Laphroaig role supervising the whisky making at
• We’ll visit with Graham Eunson at Glenmorangie and the luxurious Glenmorangie House.
• Drew Sinclair hosts us at Dalmore.
• We'll visit Clynelish and the ruins of Brora.
• Glenturret is the oldest Highland Distillery and it's now The Famous Grouse Experience.
• Dalwhinnie is at the highest altitude of any of
• In the Lowlands The Malt Project takes you to the remaining 3 distilleries still in operation.
• Irishman, Raymond Armstrong has reopened Bladnoch as the most southerly of any spirit's and Charlie Smith operates Glenkinchie Distillery near
• And, we'll add a touch of the
These are but a few of the highlights of this volume of The Malt Project.
Volume III - Highlands & Lowlands - 2 DVDs $34.95 - plays worldwide Buy Now
Here's a video clip sampling what you'll find on Volume III